From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to restart my k236 after every use in order to connect to labview

Hi,

I'm using windows 2000 with Keithley SMU 236 and GPIB expansion card with ISA slot, and Labview 7.1.

I have downloaded the drivers from Keithley website. Some of the VI files in the llb library does not communicate with the unit at all !!!, and some of it it can run only once and then I must restart the unit manually in order to reinitialize the unit and so can communicate with Labview VI files again.

The question is how can I get rid with this issue and how can I solve the problem of noneworking VIs from the LLB library??

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,545 Views)

Hi Ghanim,

you may find more related info on the instrument control forum pages

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/bd-p/140

There is not a lot to go on in your post but it sounds to me like you have an addressing issue.  The examples will often have a particular VISA id by default and this may or may not match what you have on your system.

Go to Measurement and Automation explorer and make sure you can see the device there.  You should also be able to find the visa addressing.  Make sure this matches what you are using in your code.

If a session isn't properly closed, due to an  error or because you hit abort instead of closing stuff down programatically, you may find that the connection will not be available till you cycle power to the device.

These are just general guesses as to your issue and hopefully give you something to start with.

good luck,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,519 Views)