From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export external calibration PXIe-4081 DMM

Hi guys,

Just asking if there is a way to export the external calibration of PXIe-4081 DMM? I tried NI-MAX but it doesn't show on the device list. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)

There isn't such functionality.

Can you explain more about your use case so we can get some context of why you want such a thing?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,991 Views)

Hi Marcos,

I planned to reformat one of our machine and if possible i want to backup the calibration file/data of PXIe-4081 DMM so we don't need re-calibrate it again after reformat. Is there's a way to do this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,939 Views)

The calibration constants are stored on a flash memory on the instrument. You can wipe your hard drive clean and/or move the instrument to another system, calibration constants are preserved.

Do note that in order to meet the documented specifications for the device you need to run self-calibration in the last 24 hours after the device has been powered up for 60 minutes on the system it will be used in.

See http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375254c.pdf

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)