Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM PXI-4070 Internal Hardware Error - 1074117756.000000

I am intermittently experiencing an "internal hardware error". This error occurs while taking frequency measurements using the NI PXI-4070 DMM. The entire error message reads as follows:  "Error#-1074117756.000000 niDMMClose.vi <ERR> Internal Hardware Error"

I am using the 4070 with a PXI 1033 Chassis. I am running Labview Version 8.5. No other DMM measurement seems to trigger this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(12,727 Views)

Hi DMTj

This could be a hardware driver issue.  I would try installing the latest version of NI-DMM here

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(12,710 Views)

Hi DMTj,

How often does this error occur?  Does it happen every time the program runs?  Are you controlling this with MXI or a PXI embedded controller?  Do you have any other cards that you could try to see if you get the same error? What version of the DMM driver are you using?  I have seen some issues with driver versions, so updating to the newest driver would be something to try.  I have added a link to NI-DMM 3.0 in the previous post.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(12,702 Views)

Hi DMTj,

It looks like you are working on this with phone support.  You should continue your support with Nikhil.  I will post the resolution once this issue is figured out.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(12,685 Views)
I have having this exact same issue.  Were you able to resolve it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(12,614 Views)

Hi jmass16,

How often does this error occur?  Does it happen every time the program runs?  Are you controlling this with MXI or a PXI embedded controller?  Do you have any other cards that you could try to see if you get the same error? What version of the DMM driver are you using?  I have seen some issues with driver versions, so updating to the newest driver would be something to try.  I have added a link to NI-DMM 3.0 driver here.

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(12,591 Views)

Q1. This error occurs about every 100 frequency measurements (in a row), give or take.  It doesn't seem to happen with any other type of measurement.

Q2. Yes, this happens everytime the program runs.

Q3. PXI.

Q4. This happens with every card I have tried, a total of 3.

Q5. I was using version 2.5, BUT, I updated to the newest driver, 3.0 and it still happens.

What happens is the cards throws an "Internal Hardware Error: -1074117756" failure during one of these frequency measurements.  All proceding DMM measurements throw an "An error was returned by one of the internal function calls: -1074118650".  The card goes into an unrecoverable state until reinitlialized. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(12,587 Views)

Hi jmass16,

Could you please post the part numbers for each of these boards?  They will look something like 191485x-01.  I think we have ruled out particular driver version or driver install as the issue since you see the same error with 2 different driver versions.  

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(12,556 Views)
Also, have these cards ever worked before?  If so, were you doing these same kind of tests and what has changed since they started producing this error?
Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(12,554 Views)

This error also happened while DMM PXI-4071 taking frequency measurements, it does not occur often, like DMTj described, around 1 per 100 reading in a row. Does updating driver resolve the problem or not? Since PXI-4071 does not have LRC measurement function, would the problem be resolved using same technique? Thanks.

Lei.W

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(12,107 Views)