Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM PXI-4070 Internal Hardware Error - 1074117756.000000

I have the same error with a PXI-4071 in a PXI 1044 chassis. The error occurs when taking DC measurements - I do not measure frequency.  The error is occurring on only one of 18 test sets that we have, and happens about once every 1 to 2 days on the system which operates 24 hours/day.  Closing and restarting the executable code cures the error, but re-running the program without exiting the app (compiled in LabVIEW 8.51) does not although the meter is reset either way.  I'd be interested to hear if anything is resolved on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(5,335 Views)

maybe review code to see if there is anywhere the dmm needs to autorange. 

I never saw any similar errors after removing the frequency function (instead I digitized waveform using dcv function and ran separate vi to determine frequency), but NI suggested it had something to do with voltage ranging using the frequency function.    If that was the case, I was never able to properly range it  -  and I tried exhaustively.

It's possible incorrect range or autorange on other functions also causes an intermittent problem...?

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(5,319 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion - I reviewed the code, but no auto-ranging in that application (although I've used it on another application where the meters haven't had any of these errors).  I wonder if it could actually be a hardware problem with a batch of meters - this one was purchased last year, but the same code has been running on the 18 others that were purchased the year before that with no problems.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(5,301 Views)

Carolhuddy,

As far as we've seen so far, the issue seems to come from autoranging in any function, but more particularly taking frequency measurements. We're pretty close to implementing a fix, so it would be interesting to see if we could reproduce the error using your code. Do I have your permission to contact you offline so we can sync up about testing it out? If you're fine with that, I can have the web team retrieve your email from your profile so I can contact you.

Thanks!

Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(5,289 Views)
Sure - you can contact me off-line.  I'd be glad to resolve a root cause, since as I mentioned we do not use the frequency measurement function.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(5,270 Views)
I have contacted carolhuddy offline and will post any new information regarding this issue.
Mark E.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(5,249 Views)

Hello, everybody!

Thanks for all your feedback. DMM 3.0.2 (ni.com/updates) is now live on the web and should fix the internal hardware error that you've been experiencing. Please try it out and let us know what you think of it.

Thanks! 

Mark E.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(5,112 Views)

I started getting this error today after updating to DMM 2.9 yesterday because of a hardware initilization issue.  LV version is 7.1, is there anyting I can do for this?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(3,979 Views)

try dmm 3.0.2

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(3,976 Views)

DMM 3.0.2 is compatible with LV 8.2.1 and later.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(3,969 Views)