Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM PXI-4070 Internal Hardware Error - 1074117756.000000

Hey,

I went through all the replies, it seems that your NI DMM 3.0 driver download page could not be linked, everytime I clicked it, just show me Page could not be found. Could you please check the link again, I do need to try the new driver for PXI-4071 to see if it fixs the error. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(6,347 Views)

Click on 'Support' at the top of the page and then 'Drivers and Updates'.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(6,337 Views)
NI-DMM 3.0.1 is available for download. It has the same functionality as NI-DMM 3.0 with one bug fix that is unrelated to this error. Error -1074117756 has been reported to R&D (#196461) for further investigation. I will have results posted when a solution is discovered.
Message Edited by Mark E on 11-20-2009 02:04 PM
Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(6,305 Views)

I had this error also one week ago, several times in 1 day.  Power cycling PXI chassis seemed to reset it only for a while.  I found it happened on 4071 frequency measurements that followed using the 4071 as dcv and digitizing a waveform, either the Frequency read would fail itself with internal error, or the Frequency test would fail infinite (a frequency signal was present) and the DMM close would error.   

I guessed that the 4071 didn't like being switched to Dcv, digitizing, then being switched to Frequency mode and reading a frequency.  I inserted DMM resets after each use of the 4071 in digitizing a waveform. 

That problem went away but only for a week.  Now I have a different internal error -1074118650,  I think they are either related to each other or similar.

I have DMM 2.9 and will load DMM 3 as you recommend, however, I didn't find anything related to this is the fixit list for DMM 3.

Have you any further recommendations on this from R&D.? 

TS4.2, LV8.6, XP

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(6,226 Views)

Hi Brad,

Since you're getting error -1074118650, you may want to check out the solution in this post that refers to the possibility that your F1 fuse is blown.  I would recommend checking it to see if that's the problem.  As well, I would highly recommend installing the latest DMM driver.  Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(6,204 Views)

Hi Brad,

This has been reported to R&D (#196451) for further investigation. We'd like to gather as much data on the issue as possible. Would you mind if R&D contacted you off line? We can get your contact info from your profile, but we need your permission to do so.

Thanks!

Mark E.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(6,183 Views)

Hi Mark,

I have exactly the same issue as Brad with my application here, which is a top priority issue at the moment. This is because, the application is used in the production line, and everytime this run-time error occurs the application has to be reset manually.

Please update me asap if the R&D department has any solution to this, feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Thanks,

D.K

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(6,172 Views)
sure they can contact me
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(6,148 Views)
R&D has contacted the customers who have given permission and will update the post when we have more details.
Mark E.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(6,102 Views)

R&D has identified a potential workaround: Make sure to use the Frequency Voltage Range VI/Property/Attribute to specify a voltage range.

The Config Measurement VI's range input is expecting Hz (when the function is frequency) in order to limit the aperture time for higher frequency signals. If you just call the Config Measurement VI and don't use the Frequency Voltage Range VI/Property/Attribute, then the DMM will use autoranging. This seems to be how the DMM will sometimes throw the internal hardware error. We are still investigating a permanent solution, but this may work for users who haven't been able to avoid the error.

Mark E.
National Instruments

Message 20 of 36
(6,038 Views)