Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tyan twin amd and 6533

I tried to use the 6533 as a digital output (2mhz) on a Tyan twin AMD processor board. The data seems to be output at very short burst (200khz average rate).
The application is running without problems on other motherboards like msi intel p3, msi amd, intel p3 etc...
Do anyone experienced similar problems?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,439 Views)
Hi,

- is this motherboard a dual processor board?
- Are you programming with LabVIEW?
- What DAQ version are you running?

Regards,
AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,439 Views)
Yes, it's a 2 processor board and both processors are running.

No, I'm programming using Visual C 6.0. The application is running on other motherboards since 5/6 years without problems.

I've used all versions between NIDAQ 6.7 and 6.9.3. Never had problems like this.

Additional info on the problem: the 6533 (and Tyan) is unable to provide data at 2Mhz. The data is available at very very low rates (as low as 200Khz). It seems that the Tyan is unable to release the bus access to the 6533.

PS I've seen that other developers had similar problems with Tyan.
I wrote to Tyan but I'm afraid they will not answer...

Best regards

Phil Salamone
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,439 Views)
From the description you are providing it seems like there is a DMA problem with the 6533 on that computer. This is basically why the board is not able to sustain High rates.
The 6533 is fine since you said it works in another Computer

-You say that the application is fine beacuse it has been working for over 5 years on other machines. Were these machines Dual Processor also?

- You might want to upgrade to the latest :NI-DAQ Driver Version

- You may also want to try and disable one of the processors and see what happens.

Regards,
AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,439 Views)
Yes, the machines are always dual processors because the application open many threads on both processors.
The application I wrote deny to run if you have only one processor.

The motherboards I used are some MSI Pentium 3 and AMD and some Intel with Pentium 3.

I could try new nidaq but...I'm thiking it's only a Tyan's bus problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,439 Views)
Yes, the machines are always dual processors because the application open many threads on both processors.
The application I wrote deny to run if you have only one processor.

The motherboards I used are some MSI Pentium 3 and AMD and some Intel with Pentium 3.

I could try new nidaq but...I'm thiking it's only a Tyan's bus problem.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,439 Views)