From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scb-68 and PCI-8331 what is converting my analog sgnal into digital%3F

Solved!
Go to solution

Long ago, around 7 years ago, I worked on a project in which I interface photodetector to my computer through SCB-68 kit. The SCB-68 kit was connected to computer using PCI-8331 card.

Now, my input was analog signal from photodetector but at programming interface I was getting digital values for computation. Now my confusion about the conversion task done by which part of this connection?

SCB-68 was converting the input signal and supplying digital output? or PCI-8331 was doing digitization before delivering information to computer? or labview itself was doing it after getting signal from PCI-8331?

can anyone please clear me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,561 Views)
The scb-68 is just a dumb terminal block. The pci-8331 is http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13179 and does not connect to photodetectors so your memory is flawed about the part number. An actual DAQ card would have done the conversion.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,553 Views)

Thanks for your response.

Yes.. you are right..  PCI 8331 is not capable of receiving signal from photodetector. I must have used chesis inbetween.. SO you mean there was a DAQ card whch was communicating between SCB and PCI and was doing the digitization?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sukhiray
Of course there was a DAQ card someplace.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,547 Views)