cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset 6533 error -50002

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using a PCI-DIO-32HS card (NI 6533). An error happens during the writing (DAQmx) of the data to the card, after wich I can't reset the card using the DAQmx tools nor the MAX (reset devic). I always get "Error -50002 occurred at Device Reset". A self test on that device works. The only way to use the card is to restart the computer, which is pretty irritating when searching for the bug. Is there any other way of reseting the card without restarting the computer.

Add. Info: 

Windows XP SP 3, LabView 8.0

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,883 Views)
Hi Benami,

Just to gain a little bit more information.

Does this error occur everytime you run your code?

Also does this error occur within MAX or LabVIEW?

On a fresh restart, without opening LabVIEW, can you Reset/Self-test etc within MAX?

Kind regards,
Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,870 Views)

Does this error occur everytime you run your code?

Yes, unfortunately it is quite reproducible. 

Also does this error occur within MAX or LabVIEW?

In LabView. It is the fault of my code which causes the crash. The cards are OK and run under other circumstances perfectly. I just need to debug the code, which is difficult if you have to wait 3-5 minutes between every shot.

On a fresh restart, without opening LabVIEW, can you Reset/Self-test etc within MAX?

Yes, that works (cards are OK).  

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author benami

Hi Benami,

I know you can force windows to remove and redetect a usb device, and I am wondering if you can do the same with a PCI card.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1D120A90884C25AF862573A700602459?OpenDocument

I wonder if that is of some help. It definetly sounds like the way you are coding. I have heard sometimes using the reset device.vi twice in LabVIEW can help, but I have never tried this personally.

I hope you manage to get down to the coding issue you have!

Ashish Naik
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,842 Views)

Hi Ashish N,

thanks for the tip. DevCon does the job with the drawback that the device is really re-installed, which is not really fast in Windows. Anyway, faster than rebooting and it shouldn't take too long to find the error.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,794 Views)

Glad I could help!

Good luck in finding your coding issue! Smiley Happy

Ashish Naik
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,792 Views)