Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci resource pci-dio-96

I have inserted a PCI-DIO-96 in three different PCs riunning Windows XP.  In all cases the Device Manager does not show resources allocated automatically to the card.  It is recognised as being a "PCI card" but no further progress is possible - there is no data posted in the "properties" sections of the DM.  Does this suggest that the card is faulty?

Do I understand the installation procedure correctly - resource address allocation should be automatic?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,580 Views)

Did you install DAQmx?  DAQmx is the driver for NI's DAQ boards.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,577 Views)

No. I didn't think a driver is necessary for register-level software.  Is DAQmx easy to find on this huge wesite?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,566 Views)
What register level software are you talking about?

Did you use the search - 'daqmx driver'?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,562 Views)

There should have been a disc that was shipped with the DIO card that has DAQmx.  If you do not have that, the latest version can be found here: NI-DAQmx 14.5.1

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,558 Views)