Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6515 digital ouput write

I will be using a pci-6515 board for some digital output control.  I have not used DO board before.  If I write a boolean value to a channel, for an open or a close signal to a valve for example, will the channel remain in the state I've written until I tell it to change back?  Or do I have to put the write command in a loop until I wish to stop the command?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,789 Views)
Ryan,

It will stay in that state until you change it. You do not need to continuously write to the port.

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,776 Views)
I have a follow-up question. I'm using the same board and I want to know how to make a "1" generated in LV be a particular DC signal out. For instance, I've made a simple write-out VI using one of the examples. When I click a push-button, I assume it's setting a high-value but when I check the actual line on my SCB-100 board, I am only registering 0.6mV. I'm using port 6 line 0 of the PXI-6515. I have wired the GND of the external system and the 24VDC line to the P7.COM (VCC) line. I see the 24VDC when I put a voltmeter across pin 46 and pin 47.

I want to be able to push a button in LV that sends 24VDC when I set the switch to the "1" position.

Any help would be appreciated. I've gone through the 6515 manual and I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

P.S. I'm using LV 8.2, with PXI-6515 in the PXI-1033 chassis and the SCB-100 connection block. Windbloze XP.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,693 Views)
Hi Michael,

I've been having some luck getting my PCI-6515 board working.  I think you may not have your pins wired up correctly.  I was having difficulties with this when I first started using the board as there aren't any wiring diagrams in the manual.  Check out the following link:  http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3498    It gives good wiring diagrams and explainations of common errors when hooking up the board.

Cheers,

Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,686 Views)