From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6503 lockup problem

Hi everybody,
I am experiencing a problem with the PCI-6503 card, installed on a WinXP PC and operating under LabWindows CVI 8.0 and NI-DAQ 8.0. The PC holds another NI card (namely PCI-6014) and other PCI cards. The PCI-6503 is correctly detected by the system and configured. Both NI-MAX and my application (actually working using Traditional NI-DAQ) can access the board and work with it. Regularly the card is then no longer recognized and stop working. NI-MAX cannot access to its base address and its serial number becomes 0xFF...FF. The only way to let the card be recognized again is to remove it from the system peripherals or physically to change the bus slot, restart the PC and run again the automatic installation. The problem DOES NOT depend on the particular card, since I have at least three of them and all show the same behaviour.
I have noticed the problem is the same already posted by George Lee, but unfortunately it has no answers so far.
Thanks a lot for your help,
best regards,
Marco Sartore
ElbaTech srl - Italy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,429 Views)

Marco,
have you tried testing the board(s) in another computer?

The board configuration parameters and Serial Number are stored on a EEPROM that needs to be accessed by the computer.

The versions for MAX and NI-DAQ you are working with are 4.0 and 7.4.1 respectively. Is this correct?
Also, could you please provide us with the PartNumber for the PCI-6503. It should be something like 18xxxxA-0x where x is a number and A a letter.

Are the other PCI devices from NI or third party products?
Also, could you specify what is the Motherboard you are working with and what specifications it provides?

AlessioD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,425 Views)
Many thanks AlessioD for your reply. Please find in the following the additional information requested:
1) I have tested the board on other PC but with other NI-DAQ versions and older Motherboards, i.e. the comparison is not accurate and reliable
2) NI-MAX version is 4.0 but NI-DAQ version is 8.0. As I stated, my actual application is addressing the card via Traditional NI-DAQ.
3) The part number of one of the cards showing the problem is 185183C-01
4) The PC is equipped with one PCI-6503, one PCI-6014, one FireWire card of thirdy-part providers
5) The motherboard specifications are: type ASUS P4i48, Processor Pentium4 3 GHz HT Socket 478, 1 Gb RAM DDR400. The operating system is Win XP Professional SP2.

Thanks in advance for your advices,
Marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,419 Views)