Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6503 installation problem

Hi,

I am installing PCI-6503, and it does not pop up in Device and Interafces section of MAX

as described on page 1 of this document: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/E7E3A35E9C873774862575E000586D07

The board is reported as working correctly by Windows XP SP3 Device Manager.

I can also see the board in PXI System section of MAX, and if I hit troubleshoot button it says "Device OK".

Here is how I installed the board:

- installed DAQmx (NIDAQ910f0.exe)

- shut down my PC installed the board

- powered on the PC

- checked if the board is in Win XP Device Manager

Any ideas how to fix this? I've already tried to remove the board from my PC and install it again - no change.

Regards,

Yuriy Olkhovyy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,330 Views)

Dear Mr. Olkhovyy,

thank you so much for your post on our website. Did you get any pop up that new hardware was found? Is there any sign of uninstalled hardware in the device manager? Can you try another PCI slot? You can also try another PC (not install driver) and see if there is a pop up of new hardware found; then we know the card itself is a life.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,312 Views)

Hello Martijn,

Everythimg went fine with the card detection by Windows XP - it was successfully registered, and appeared as working correctly in the Device Manager.

Nevertheless the card did not show up in Devices and Interfaces  section of MAX.

I've replaced  NI DAQ-mx v 9.1 by v8.5 and everything works fine now - I assume the problem has something to do with NI DAQmx v9.1

Best regards,

Yuriy Olkhovyy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,307 Views)

Dear Mr Olkhovyy,

Thank you for your feedback. DAQmx 9.1 should work with this card. I think something was wrong with the DAQmx installation or the MAX data base. The new installation resolved this problem.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,305 Views)