Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci 1422 with VDS cool1300 camera and nis elements 3.1

Hello,

Not sure this is the right board for this subject, but I'm having a problem with my new NI PCI1422 frame-grabber.

I have a Nikon TE2000 microscope with a VDS 1300Q camera , up until a while we used the MU-1500 frame grabber with the camera along with the NIS element 2.2 AR software.

The frame-grabber died so we replace it with the NI PCI1422 after checking that it's compatible. I've assemble the cable according to the pin-out layout I received from NIS and installed the IMAQ 4_6_4 along with the frame-grabber.

I also installed the NIS 3.1 AR along with the -all line in order to install the VDS 1300 camera, but whenever I try to run the the NIS I get an error saying  "missing niini32.dll" then the NIS starts and it seems to work fine , but whenever I try to capture a picture I'm having a problem with the exposure and the pictures seems to Jump (see attached) , the live feed seems fine but the capture pic isn't the same as the feed. 

I can't figure if the problem is in missing dll or the assembled cable or the NIS itself.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,246 Views)

Have you used NI's Measurement & Automation Explorer to configure this camera? Have you dealt with the camera's Camera File yet? When you have a camera, you have to ensure that the camera itself is pointed to a customized camera file that configures to its settings. It looks like the images you're getting are due to the camera acquiring in a different tap configuration than the software is expecting. You simply need to make a camera file that is configured to the correct tap configuration.

This document tells you more about camera files. https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YI74CAG&l=en-US

The NI Camera File Generator (https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/19/creating-a-camera-file-using-the-ni-came...) is free software that allows you to create a custom camera file, including setting up the tap configuration. Do you have tap configuration information from your manufacturer?

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,238 Views)