Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[noob and basic] Fail to send 24V signal to valves with NI 9476

Hello,

I do exactly what he does in this tutorial : https://youtu.be/F-3eX2Qf6pQ

Code is just a while loop with DAQ assistant, nothing else. 

I own the NI 9476 and I am trying to send 24 V to on/off valves. They work if I send them 24 V from another source so the problem comes not from them. The electrician who did the wires told me he put the COM at the 19th place. Like this pineout on the right :

But on the left COM are 17/18, why is there two pineout (left and right) ?

Here is my module :

9b1026ed-dd16-4f47-b7d8-607db854236b.jpg

any idea where the problem comes from ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,534 Views)

@Oxbow8 wrote:

I own the NI 9476 and I am trying to send 24 V to on/off valves. They work if I send them 24 V from another source so the problem comes not from them. The electrician who did the wires told me he put the COM at the 19th place. Like this pineout on the right :

But on the left COM are 17/18, why is there two pineout (left and right) ?

Here is my module :

any idea where the problem comes from ?

You are looking at 2 types of connections for the module.  The first option is a spring terminal and the second is a DB-25 connection.  From your picture, you have the DB-25 connection.  After that, you just need to set a DIO and probe.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,513 Views)

DB-25 is on the right ? So COM channel is the 19th ? So my electrician was right ?

I don't understand why it does not work. I have a cDAQ-9174, the computer recognize the module. I have other AIN and AOT modules that are working perfectly.

I need to send a constant 24 V signal to open a simple on/off valve. I am a bit lost in the DAQ assistant to do that. 

I choose Digital Output => Line Output, and I select the first 3 channels (DO0 DO1 DO2) where my valves are. Each valve is connected with both the personal port and with "COM" (channel 19?). So it should work to send a voltage no ? I do exactly like that : https://youtu.be/F-3eX2Qf6pQ?t=97

But nothing happen. I run the code, select the dots of the control in a while loop, etc. Nothing. The valves works if they receive 24V. 

If someone has an idea it would save me....!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,507 Views)

What exactly do you mean by On/Off valve? Is this a solenoid? What is it's current requirement?

If it is a solenoid, do you have free-wheeling diodes fitted as necessary?

Have you put a multimeter on the valve terminals and observed what voltage is present when you try to turn it on?

If you replace the valve with a 1K ohm resistor, what voltage do you see across the resistor when you try to turn it on?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,452 Views)