From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no digital trigger signal on a PFI x-port in a PCI-6259

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using a PCI 6259 DAQcard (with a SHC68-68-EPM cable and version:2.9.1f0) to get an analog signal and a digital signal. The analog signal is used in NI MAX or NI Signal Express (DAQmn 9.7.5) to trigger it with the digital signal. When the digital signal is mounted on a Px/x port I can detect it. If I want to use it as a trigger signal on a PFI x-  (better PFI x/Py.y-) .port I do not get any trigger quantitiy.

With a NI USB 6008 everything works quite well. Remark: The digital post is just labled as: PTI 0 and not as in the case of the PCI 6259 on the NI CB-68LPR-board: PFI x/Py.y.

Another remark is that I did not measure a voltage difference of 5 volt at the provided port.

How can I fix the problem and use a PFI x/Py.y-port for a digital trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,496 Views)

Hello MarcusHd,

could you post SignalExpress program?

Best regards

AndGar

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarcusHd

Hey AndGar,

by trying I found one chanel on the platine with give me an trigger signal. So I can measure something but not in every chanal.

Maybe just the PFI x- ports are reserved for triggering and you need to close every other task which measures a digital signal.

*actuall I have no access to the programm*

Thanks and best regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,328 Views)