From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niHSDIO hardware comparison with acquisition device

Hello,

In my setup, I have 3 niHSDIO PXIe 6555. For a test, I need to use one device to generate a stimulus waveform. With the other devices, I only do acquisition. During the acquisitions I would like to do a hardware comparison.

I tried to adapt the CVI examples relative to hardware comparison using HWS files as stimulus and response.

How do I configure my acquisitions devices? It seems that to download a file into the device it needs a generation session. However I do not generate anything 

Do I really need to create a generation session especially to download my datas?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,135 Views)

Hello eDFT,

What is the name of the example you use?

Have a nice day!

Clement Dekeyser

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,088 Views)

Hi,

I'm still working on my test, and I still don't have a solution

I have adapted the MultiDeviceHardwareCompare_ErrorLocationsTClk CVI code.

As my data are sampled at about 100kHz I cannot export the sample clock using regular way (NIHSDIO_VAL_DDC_CLK_OUT_STR to Stobe for example). It returns an error because using this way, sample clock frequency must be not less than 20MHz!

So I use NIHSDIO_VAL_ON_BOARD_CLOCK_STR (internal clock) for all my devices, they both have a generation and an acquisition session to run.

1 I configure my generation sessions :

- On board Clocks

- exporting Start data event using PFx

- writing my stimulus and expecting pattern into device to use the hardware comparison mode

2 I configure the niTCLK synchronisation for all my generation sessions

3 I commit the generation sessions (mandatory befor initiating the acquisition)

4 I configure my acquisition sessions :

- Onboard Clock source

- Importing Start data event on Pfx

- Initiate acuqisition (will wait for the trigger)

5 I Initiate the generations sessions using niTCLK (or just niHSDIO_Initiate...)

Then I have the error : Resource requested by this session has already been reserved by a different session

How to do it?

I use niTCLK to synchronise my onboard clocks of the generation sessions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,084 Views)