From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx base

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to install the daq mx base driver to run a USB-6501.  If I access the "Measurement and Automation Explorer" it shows I have the NI-Daqmx base 3.2 software.  Under Program files/National Instruments/ I also see a "NI-DAQmx base 3.2 folder".  However, I don't see any of the mxbase vi's to pull up from the functions menu on my block diagram (only the daq mx ones).  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,333 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?   (I don't no witch which 😉

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,325 Views)
LabView for Windows, version 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,321 Views)
For some reason, I thought I needed mx base to control the USB-6501.  However, looking at the device list again, it looks like I should be able to use mx after all?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,319 Views)

BSW,

DAQmx Base 3.2 does not support LabVIEW 7.0.  Typically DAQmx Base is used for MAC, where DAQmx is used with Windows.

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,306 Views)

I wouldn't doubt it, but the driver list shows NI-Daq base 3.2 available for Windows:

NI-DAQmx Base 3.2Windows CE/Mobile 5/Vista x64/Vista x86/XPHardware Driver

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BSW
It is available for Windows to help transition code across platforms.  It is possible to code with DAQmx Base in Windows; however, it is not the most common practice due to its limited palette compared to DAQmx.
Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,282 Views)
Excellent.  I primarily use LabView for OSX.  Probably the reason for the difficulty getting things to work on Windows!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,265 Views)

BSW,

If you want to continue to program in DAQmx Base to go between Windows and Mac, then you can use NI-DAQmx Base 2.0 for Windows http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/422/lang/en  It supports LabVIEW 7.0 and the USB 6501

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,235 Views)