Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to use digital i/o line in continuous sampling mode for 6024E? If yes, how?

is it possible to use digital i/o line in continuous sampling mode for 6024E? If yes, how?
I tried to use 'DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming' to generate a continuous signal, but it shows me an error!!

is there any other way to do this? I do not have to generate a periodic signal, hence can't use counters.

Any idea wat else could b done?

Thanx
JK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,056 Views)
Hello JK,

Thanks for posting to the forums.  Unfortunately, the E Series DAQ boards only have static DIO lines.  In other words, they are not hardware-timed, so they can't be used in a continuous digital task.  With this device, you can only perform software-timed reads and writes. 

If you really need hardware-timed DIO, the M Series line of DAQ boards do support this feature.  On the M Series devices, this is called "correlated" DIO, because while there is no dedicated timing engine for the digital subsystem, you can correlate the digital reads or writes to another clock such as an external clock, the analog input or output clocks, or a pulse train generated by a counter. 

We do have a number of example programs that demonstrate how to perform correlated DIO with an M Series board.  These include:

Multi-Function-Synch Dig Read Write With Counter.vi (located in the LabVIEW example finder - correlates digital read/write with pulse train generated by counter)
Performing Correlated Digital IO with an M Series Device in LabVIEW (correlates digital input to analog input)
M Series: Correlated Digital Output with Analog Output Sample Clock (correlates digital output to analog output)

If you want a board that has a true dedicated digital timing engine, consider the 653x line.  I hope you find this information helpful as you evaluate the different options that are available. 

Best regards,
Message 2 of 2
(3,037 Views)