Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

io interface/driver not present

Hi,

The lab I'm currently staying has a micro ohmmeter which is connected to PC via GPIB cable. Now the staff want to upgrade it to a USB/GPIB converter. The program was developed in HP IBASIC and when we change the cable it does not work correctly. There is an error message "io interface/driver not present" when it executes the "ASSIGN @Device TO 21" statement. The GPIP address of the meter is 25 but it is the same if I change to 25 in the statement.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,186 Views)

You should have posted this question to the instrument control board.

You are also missing some information in your post. What is the make and model of the USB GPIB controller you are using. I'm guessing it is an NI since you posted here. Judging by the small snippet of code, you had been using an HP/Agilent controller before. If that is the case, you will need to make extensive modifications to your program to use the driver from NI and not the old one. The commands to use an Agilent or an NI controller are not the same.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,181 Views)
The current GPIB cable is 10833B, and the GPIB/USB interface to replace it is 82357A, both Agilent Products. The ohmmeter is a Keithley 580. I was told that the transmission protocol is different and that was why I could not get the program run. Is it the case? If so I may have to develop a new program...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,167 Views)
You are using Agilent GPIB controllers, HP Basic, and a Keithley. So why you are posting questions to an NI forum?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,161 Views)