Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intitalizing and writing to a pc-dio-96

attached is an simplified example of a vi that controls switches on/off state. I think I either have the wrong structure for programing or I'm not using iteration correctly. I want to control a set of switches simutaneously. The problem I'm seeing is the wrong lines are sometimes being enabled (sometimes they are correct), even though I have the digital channel and line set as constants. I'm not sure if I understand the iteration function which may be the culprit. I also noticed output leds are someitmes dim as if lines are not always being pulled up. Anyone have examples or help with this issue? - thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,827 Views)
Hello Scott,

The iteration input is just a way to optimize your code. What happens is, if the iteration input is greater than 0, then LabVIEW does not call the config VI everytime, as it knows that it has already configured the port. If it had to call the config port, it will result in overhead. I did look through the snippet of code and it looks pretty straight forward. So you might have to start looking at other avenues that might be causing the issue.

-Arun V
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,827 Views)