From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of ni-daqmx-runtime-core using NI Package Manager 23.0.0

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm facing a problem running the installation of ni-daqmx-runtime-core using the following batch script which is run as administrator:

start /wait NIPackageManager23.0.0.exe --prevent-reboot
"c:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\nipkg.exe" install ni-daqmx-runtime-core --accept-eulas -y

It works fine on my virtual machine, but is does NOT work on my local machine, stating the following error message "Unable to locate package 'ni-daqmx-runtime-core' with a compatible version and architecture". Both machines are 64 bit system and use Windows 10, version 22H2. I already tried to specify the package version to  ni-daqmx-runtime-core_23.0.0.49366-0+f214_windows_x64 (using the following line "install ni-daqmx-runtime-core:windows_x64_23.0.0.49366-0+f214"), but it did not solve the problem. Additionaly I tried using PackageManager version 23.3.0, but this also did not work out.

I would be pleased to receive any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(891 Views)

Problem occurs only when using an online installation, using a local package feed works. When going to the online feed's url https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-package-manager/released there are no packages found. Anyone an idea whether the package url has changed or some other advice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alfdghoadhsfglnkafl

Rafael, when you are trying to use "online feed", I assume you are trying to connect to a ni.com feed, and if so, did you register an ni.com feed that has that package?

Example:

nipkg.exe feed-add --name=mydaquri https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-d/ni-daqmx/23.0/released

nipkg.exe update

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(842 Views)

Hi Scott,

I very much appreciate your advice, it helped me to resolve the issue.

Best regards

Rafael

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(832 Views)