cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate digital output signalexpress ni 6009

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am a rokkie Labview SignalExpress User.  I would like to generate digital outputs but when I try it with N samples or continious samples it does not work, it gives error which is

Error -200077 occurred at DAQ Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: SampTimingType
You Have Requested: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand

Although I can generate one sample so could you please help me about this problem? 

Regards,

ERS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,885 Views)
Per the USB-6009 Manual, this device does not support timed output.  The best you can do is generate one sample of your waveform at a time.
Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,883 Views)

One sample is enough for my destination, I can generate N samples or continuous samples with analog output, however I need digital output.

Actually, I will send digital outputs to motor and one sample is only one step for motor. I need 150 steps or more.

Is there any alternative for it? Please help me..

Thank you,

Regards,

ERS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,871 Views)

Using the USB-6009, the best you'll be able to do is update the output in a loop as fast as possible.  If you can upgrade hardware, the counters on the USB-6211 are able to generate pulse trains and can do timed DIO.

Regards,

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,844 Views)

Hi,

How can I update the output in a loop as fast as possible, I mean with which parameters?  

I seen that somebody used sweep mode for that kind of problem. However I do not know how to apply this function. What do you think does it work with sweep function?

We have USB- 6229 as well, I will try with that as soon as possible however other students are also using it so if I could do that with 6009 it would be better.  

Thank you,

Regards,  

ERS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,837 Views)

Hi!,

Could you please tell me about why there is no problem when I want to generate analog inputs, however when I try to generate digital inputs it gives error (Error -200077) as I introduced on the top with daq ni 6009? 

Please I need your help,

Thank you,

ERS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,740 Views)
Generating analog inputs is sort of contradictory. You can generate an analog output and read an analog input. You will not get an error when you do an analog read because it is hardware timed. All others (analog output, digital output, digital input) are software timed.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,736 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emraisel

As mentioned before, the USB-6009 does not support clocked digital output.  "N Samples" and "Continuous" generation modes are only available for devices that are able to use an onboard clock to generate samples.  Analog input on the USB-6009 uses can use an onboard clock, and thus can use the "N Samples" and "Continuous" modes.  The best you'll be able to do with the USB-6009 is to toggle the value on and of with software timing.  One way would be to use a DAQmx Generate step to set the value high, an execution step to enable hardware reuse, then another DAQmx generate step to set the line low.  Run this in a loop and you'll get something of a digital pulse train (though it won't be terribly pretty.)  It will be pretty slow and very nondeterministic.  This means that some iterations may only take a few milliseconds, while others may take a lot longer.

Regards,

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,733 Views)

It may be helpful if you included a brief VI to the solution you proposed for early Labview users like myself

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,591 Views)