From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding the right relay to power 24VDC solenoid using digital signal from USB-6000

Hello!

I'm an MSE undergrad student at the University of Tennessee. I'm using labview to control a two pump vacuum system. I'm using the USB-6000 to send a 3.3VDC to a relay to open a pneumatic gate valve (Model number GVP-2502-CF) when the primary pump brings the internal pressure in the chamber to a specific value. I believe the solenoid requires 24VDC.  I had trouble with the first electromechanical relay I purchased. There is a similar example on National Instruments support page using a solid state relay, however the purchasing link for the relay doesn't work anymore. I found this solid state relay by Winson-Eseller on amazon, but am hesitant order it. Can anyone confirm this would work or have any sugestions as to how I should go about finding a compatible relay for this aplication?

V/R,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,106 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Looking at the example you were following, I pulled the code number off the picture of the relay. When I typed that code number into Google, the first thing that popped up was its page on Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Automation-and-Safety/G3MB-202PL-DC12/?qs=ISjK4nnpKfGtUJvc.... As you can see from this page, the reason you were having trouble following the link is that this relay has been discontinued, and is no longer available.

If you scroll down on the Mouser page, however, to where the Specifications for the device are listed, you can choose which characteristics of the device are important for your application using the checkboxes to the right, and then click the “Show Similar” button at the bottom of the page. This should take you to a listing of all similar parts that Mouser carries, and should give you a good place to start looking for substitutable components.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll do my best to help you out!

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,087 Views)