From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error scan from string

Hello, i have a problem with Labview 2013, on my  pc(where i make the  Vi from zero) work  verry  good, but when i put  the  Vi on  laptop with the same   version of labview, i get  error  from  scan from string. hardware part are not changed, why i get this error? this is my  VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,560 Views)

Put some probes or indicators to see what is being returned from the VISA Read.  It could be a simple synchronization error.  Try reading more bytes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,555 Views)

i    try to read more bytes(1000) but  with no succes, i put a probre  after  match exact string, i atach a  photo, so  error is in block scan  from string.

look in  the   photo i post what i read   from     visa read. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,547 Views)

i have  a suggestion, if i make the VI  an executable file, so on the laptop  i will don't need LabVIEW, will work fine or? i will have same error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,394 Views)
The exe will run exactly the same as with the development version.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,385 Views)