From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -89129 "Terminal for the device is invalid Destination device: Dev4 Terminal Ctr6Out"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

The problem apears when I try to generate a signal of 200 samples at 2MH on one digital line with an PCI-6534

When I try to create the channel    nStatus = DAQmxCreateDOChan (m_taskHandle, "/Dev5/port0/line0:7", "", DAQmx_Val_ChanPerLine);

I receive the error -89129 with the following message:

"Terminal for this deviece is invalid

Destination device: Dev4

Terminal: Ctr6Out"

I have also installed in the system another 2 NI boards: PCI-6602 and PCI-6035

Before to get this error, I also do some stufs with 6534, but with a 16 lines channel, configured like this  nStatus = DAQmxCreateDOChan (m_taskHandle, "/Dev5/port0_16", "", DAQmx_Val_ChanForAllLines); and I don't get any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reload

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the NI Forums! Have you tried using a test panel in Measurement and Automation Explorer? You will see the 6534 listed under Devices and Interfaces. By right clicking on the device, you can access the test panels. Use this to test the functionality of the code. Also, if you have LabVIEW available, try creating the channel in LabVIEW and seeing if you get the same results. Please post back the outcome of these suggestions. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,636 Views)