Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq board to circuit connection

Does the circuit attached look ok? I require 300mA to drive the pump

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,451 Views)
That makes no sense. The relay contacts are not connected to anything. Aren't those what you want to use to control voltage to the pump?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,445 Views)

Your relay isn't controlling anything.  I think what you want to do here is put one side of the relay to +12V and the other side to the +V of the pump.  I also  think the common of the ULN2003A should be connected to your GND (coil is controlled with 12V and GND).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 15
(2,442 Views)
I was planning on switching the pump on and off using a switch in my vi. When the switch is on the output voltage from the daq is 5V and when it is off the output voltage is 0V. Is this a poor approach? Do I require the relay at all if all i need is a 12V output voltage and 300mA output to drive the motor of the pump? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,433 Views)
Please place a small help wanted ad at your engineering school and request the help of electronics student. You need to understand that you are not switching anything at all no matter what the logic out of the daq device. Yes, a very poor approach.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,430 Views)