cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create digital pulse on rising edge of analog output using USB-6211

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm working on a project that I am sending analog output, sawtooth pattern with 1024 samples @  7 usec steps. And I need to send digital pulse on each rising edge of that step (need to send 1024 pulses for each sawtooth pattern). I am using USB-6211 which maybe not a good choice but I'm stuck with this one. I'm trying to use counter output but I'm having a hard time syncing the pulse with rising edge of each step in the sawtooth pattern. Is there a way to sync the counter to rising edge of each sawtooth step?

Any suggesting is really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

6211_pulse_test.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,937 Views)

You probably don't even need the counter task.  You can probably use DAQmx Export Signal to route the AO Sample Clock directly out to a PFI pin that can be physically wired wherever.  The clock signal causing the D/A conversion for the next AO sample will be passed through to that PFI line.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,910 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if 6211 is capable of doing HW trigger (sort of). I added the export signal function in the code. I don't have access to 6211 right now but will definitely try it out tonight.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dk91

It's not clear to me how most of the upper half of your block diagram relates to your stated problem / goal.  All you should need is the one Export Signal call which is fed from below by the AO task ref anyway.   That alone will put the AO sample clock signal onto PFI4, there's no need of any further DO or CTR tasks.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,866 Views)

Hello Kevin,

Using Export Signal is working great so far. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,806 Views)