From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control logic with pc-dio-96

Fairly a novice with labview. I noticed that you cannot write to the same "device" but on different digital ports/lines. I'm simply applying a valving control program. Will I have to make individual calls to submodules? See attached, any suggestions are appreciated. I basically need to simply turn on / off individual lines, however, it appears to not work without individualizing valve controls.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,845 Views)
Does the VI you attatched work? Or does it give you errors?

I would suggest using the "Write to Digital Port" subVI instead of "Write to Digital Line." That way you can write out 8 bits at one time to each port. That would give you 3 function calls (one for each port).

Also, if you have not already done so, I would suggest looking at the example programs included with labview for digital IO. They are found under the help menu. Click on "Find Examples" and go down through the folders until you get to Digital IO. The examples for your particular board will be in the "8255" folder.

Good luck!

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,845 Views)