Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cb-37fh

hi,

Recently purchased a NI-PCI-6518 board along with a CB-37FH block and a SH37f-37m-2-37 cable. The cable connects to the io card and i assume to the io block but does anyone know the pinout for the IO block. In the manuals it shows the 37 pin breakout

ni.jpg

but how is this mapped to the IO block (i dont have the io block at present to check). At a guess i would imagine the IO block has 37 pins and pin 1-37 shown in the image map direct to the 37 pins on the Io block.

Also i have another application with a NI PCI-6518 and a SH37F-P-4 which is the ribbon cable again anyone know how the ribbon cable leads map to the io card i.e. what colour corresponds to what pin?

and finally...

the IN.COM line slightly confuses me, to grab an input can i connect this to GND and lets say to fire input one connect PO.O to a sensor rising edge. i.e when the sensor  goes to 24V  it outputs 24V to PO.O and fires the input.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,523 Views)

Hi skjomni,

The IO block on the CB-37FH is labelled with the corresponding pins. These will match the pin diagram for the device as all 37 pin connectors will have the same pin numbers, so for example if you wanted to use P0.0 then you'd connect to connector 1 on the CB-37FH.

For the SH37F-P-4, if you look at page 6 of the following document then it will tell you which wires correspond to which pin.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/323493b.pdf

The IN.COM line is the common line for digital inputs, so you are correct in thinking that you connect this to ground and the digital input to the corresponding line. If you do any digital outputs then use the OUT.COM line as the common.

If you have any more questions then feel free to post again.

Kind Regards,

Jason 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,494 Views)
Thank you that cleared everything up. One further question regarding the SH37f-37m-2-37 cable. Is the connector moulded on both ends. That reason, i ask is that it is going into an electrical panel that has a number of glands. Is it possible to dismantle the connector push it through the glands and then screw the connector back together or is in fact a moulded connector that cannot be taken apart
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,487 Views)

Hi skjomni, 

The cable connectors are moulded, so taking them apart and putting them back together may be tricky.

Regards,

Jason 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,477 Views)