From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding specific port/line in the channel parameters option

I am using labview to record information from a circuit.

The circuit uses a 6503 card.

When I open Labview there are a few drop down options that let you choose what Dev/port/line you want to use.

But if the port/line you are using is not specificied, is there a way you can type the one you need rather than chosing a drop down option?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,911 Views)

You really should have added the details from your post here. The port and multiple lines are easily selectable when you click on the 'Browse' option from the pulldown and use either Ctrl or Shift to select multiple lines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,901 Views)

Dear science86,

If your terminal does not show up in the dropdown browse options, that means that this terminal cannot be accessed. In order to make sure that the right terminals show up on your drop down menu, you must make sure to wire a hardware reference to the respective VI that is taking your terminal names as an input.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,891 Views)