Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the digital signal don't get out from the usb-6009?

Hello,

i´m starting with labview and NI USB-6009 at work.

I have to generate from a txt file (with 0 and 1) a digital signal with variable frequency typ. 1.2Mhz.. The level of the 1 (the amplitud: Vcc) should be variable too (1v<Vcc<7v).

The first question is: it is possible to choose differents amplituds for a digital output in the NI USB-6009?

The second and more important is: why my VI is not working?

I can see the digital signal in the grafic in labview and it is correct.

The problem is when I try to see this signal from the output usb-6009 in the oscylloscope. I see only pulse 1010101010..., and not the secuence from my txt file and the frequency don´t correspond to the signal I have genereted.

I have attached a typical txt file, that I am using and the VI file.

I hope you can help me and sorry for my bad english...

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,957 Views)

Hi,

I am very sorry for the bad news. No you can not create different voltages like 0 to 5V with the DIO. You can do that with the AO.

But beware: This device does not have Hardware timing.

Therefor no Waveform output is possible. The device is simply software timed. You have to write the command in LabVIEW and it will be executed one by one.

That is also the reason why you can not do the Digital waveform.

You could achievce something like that using the counter output, as described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1B4905F3DFF9CFF986256FF5006C18C2

Johannes

Message 2 of 3
(4,930 Views)

Hi Johannes!

Thank you for your answer, but I`m really very new with all that...

Some questions:

1) Can I use the signal generation that i used? (whicht transform the string in a digital signal). Or should I transform the string to numbers and use another method to create the wave form?

2) I tried to understand how can I use this "DAQmx Export Signal Property Node" but I don´t get it. Can you maybe tell me more concrete, what should I do whith this?

I know, it is maybe a lot... but I´m really losed and stressed with this think!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,913 Views)