Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all pins are light on (pin33-47 is pulled up) even it hasn't dc input in (digital input example for Visual Basic)?

Why all pins are light on (pin33-47 is pulled up) even it hasn't dc input. so how can i meansure the input dc voltages in pci-6503? thx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,897 Views)
Greetings,

The PCI-6503 contains bias resistors that control the state of the digital I/O lines at power up. At power up, each digital I/O line is configured as an input, pulled either high or low by a 100 kohm bias resistor. For the PCI-6503 you can select the direction of the 100 kohm bias resistors. Set jumper W1 to high to configure the resistors as pull-up resistors. Set jumper W1 to low to configure the resistors as pull-down resistors. If you have the lines pulled-up then you will have 5V (logic high) on the input lines. If you pull the lines down then you will have 0V (logic low) on the input lines. You indicated you have pins 33 through 47 pulled-up. That's why you see lights on in the example.

You can use the Measurement & Automation Explo
rer (MAX) utility to test the digital functionality of your board. Launch MAX and find your board under the Devices and Interfaces folder. You can right-click on your board and open a Test Panel. From here you can test your board by reading or writing from/to your DIO lines.

Regards,
Justin Britten

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,897 Views)