From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the maximum bit rate for the cable SHC68-C68-RDIO2

Solved!
Go to solution

Search on web site unsuccessful - maximum measured performance is an important specification! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,408 Views)

Hi,

that cable can perform the speed of each card where it is listed as accessorie.

If that did'nt helped, than please tell me Your hw-setup and what type of signals You are aquiring.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,380 Views)

Hello,

I am planning to use the PXIe 7821 where the theoretical maximum using 16 DIO's at 80 MHZ is 2x80MHzx16=2.560Gb/s (assuming double data rate)

I am concerned only that in the specifications that it is not explicitly stated that the cable can support such data rates.

I would also welcome a real world test to list the practical maximum data rate that one could achieve.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,378 Views)

.... the application is the SPI transmission of data to the FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,377 Views)

Hi,

thank you for the information. The data rate of the cable is not lower than the maximal datarate from the card.

If a high datarate is needed to be transferred to another PXIe card, it is important to select a PXIe Chassis with a high datarate. They can be found using the PXI Advisor on www.ni.com/advisor

Best regards,

Lucia

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,348 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to use the PXIe 1082 chassis - system bandwidth up to 8GB/s according to specifications

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,343 Views)

Hi,

so it depends on the datarate you want to transfer via the backplane of the pxi chassis, if this bandwith is enough for you.

How many values do you want to transfer to other PXIe cards or to the controller?

Best regards,

Lucia

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,337 Views)

I would like to connect 6 RDIO2 cables to 2 PXIe 7821 FPGA cards (ie) 3 cables to each card so 7.68 Gb/s to each card )

One question  is does this chassis support the maximum data rate to transfer the data to memory

The other question is what is the data rate limit for a peer to peer transfer to another 2 cards in the chassis - and I must be careful about exactly which slots I use?

Thanks for such detailed questions this helps a lot with the planning

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author momolxg

Hi,

in this case we should look at the overall system. The chassis 1082 is quite big for 2 cards. Which other cards are planned in the system?

The PXIe 7021R has in the datasheet a limit on the data transfer rate to the PXIe Backplane of the chassis, which is 500 MB/s.

I would prefer to advise you in this case through the Technical Sales Service. You can reach me by phone or mail:lucia.nagl@ni.com.

Then we can discuss the entire project.

Best regards,

Lucia

Message 9 of 9
(4,318 Views)