From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the NI-DAQmx equivalent of the traditional NI-DAQ call "DIG_Grp_Mode" for specifying 653X digital handshaking protocol, edge, and polarity settings in handshake mode?

I'm porting a Traditional NI-DAQ C program to NI-DAQmx.  The program uses a PCI-6533 DIO-32-HS card to perform high-speed DIO input in hardware handshaking mode (MS-Windows, Visual C++).  What is the NI-DAQmx equivalent of the traditional NI-DAQ call "DIG_Grp_Mode" for specifying 653X digital handshaking protocol, edge, and polarity settings in handshake mode? Alternatively, which manual details how to code the protocol, edge, and polarity settings in NI-DAQmx and where would I find C/C++ source code examples.

Many Thanks in Advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,575 Views)

Hello djm,

There has been terminology changes to the some of the calls to the DAQ drivers to do specify handshaking protocols and settings. The way you do these in DAQmx do not map directly.

I would recommend that you take a look at the digital shipping examples for Visual C or ANSI that install with DAQmx. These can be found in a similar location on your hard drive
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\

In addition, when you install NI-DAQmx a number of documentation is installed with the actual driver. The NI-DAQmx C Reference Help is a great source of information when you are programming with NI-DAQmx in a text base environment. It will provide explanations for all the functions and properties. It can be found under Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ

Take a look at these resources. You should be able to get yourself started.

Also, for your interested I also included a link to some information about transitioning to DAQmx and FAQ.

Transition from Traditional NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy)

Regards.
  Sandra T.

Applications Engineer |  National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,559 Views)
The link to the document is the following:

Transition from Traditional NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4342
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,555 Views)