Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need driver only for PCI-6503.

We need driver only for digital IO card PCI-6503.
Can we get driver in small package?

We install a lot of cards, and it is not appropriate to wait until installation is finished.
This is for end user customers driver.
We have wrote down small program in Visual Basic which shows the state of inputs on this card. Thats all we need. Is it really necessary to install all those drivers for 20 minutes?

Please try to help.

Best regards,

Bostjan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,570 Views)

Hi Bostjan,

You will need a DAQ driver for the PCI-6503. If you programmed your application with DAQmx, then I recommend using NI-DAQmx 8.0.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,562 Views)
We have Ni-daq drivers, but drivers takes 2 CD's.  I need smaller driver - only don't know - 1Mega - and only for 6503 card, with no additional software...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,547 Views)
Hi,

Since the NI-DAQmx and the Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) drivers are now separate downloads, you will be able to fit them on a single CD. However, National Instruments does not create DAQ drivers for individual cards. So you will still need to have the entire DAQmx or Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) driver. I hope that you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Hal L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,531 Views)
Another, more complicated, option is to use the Measurement Hardware Driver Development Kit (MHDDK).  This is a register-level driver kit for virtually any OS.  It's pretty low level, but if you are just doing a couple of things on a 6503, then it is likely simple.  Just take a look at the code before you go down that path.  You are leaving behind all of the niceties of NI-DAQmx (test panels, installer, DAQ assistant, API, etc.).  The DDK is pretty small (less than 100k), but you'll also need the NI-VISA runtime for Windows which will be about 5-10 MB.  To download the MHDDK, take a look here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/11737

You should know that NI does not support the MHDDK through normal channels.  Then only support is given through the DDK developer fourm: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=90
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,526 Views)