Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage output using digital output option in DAQ

Hi All,

I have a PCI-6052E and am trying to connect a signal generator to a  DAQ with the digital option (with say line1 in port 0). However while doing 

the DAQ config I keep getting an error when i put continuous samples in the generation mode which says "Requested value is not a supported value for this property. Property: SampTimingType
You Have Requested: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand"

I can do the same with the analog output. Why is this so? Is it possible to generate pulses or DC waveform using digital output option on DAQ.  Please send me a sample code if it possible. I have attached a test code of what I intended. 

I get  an error : "Write cannot be performed, because the number of channels in the data does not match the number of channels in the task.When writing, supply data for all channels in the task. Alternatively, modify the task to contain the same number of channels as the data written."            Why ?

Thanks

Ams

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,054 Views)

Hello Alfredo,

It is possible to generate digital pulses with our DAQ, but not this one.  From the specifications page:

ScreenShot057.png

When a card has software timing, this means that there is no ability to run the digital lines from anything but software calls.  What this means is you can only write one point per channel at a time.  If you want to generate pulse with a set frequency, duration, or a set number of pulses, then you need to use the counter output which has the ability to run off a clock on the card.  You can examine the different counter output abilities by using the Example Finder. It's at Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Generating Digital Pulses.  Hope this helps!

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,041 Views)