Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PXIe-6571 as a I2C SLAVE

Hi,

I'm a new guy in this field of work, and there is much questions to ask, but let me start with a simple one. I saw an example of 6571 as an I2C MASTER so I was wandering if such a device could behave also as a bus SLAVE.

I'd like to test some parameters on a MCU bus MASTER via Digital Pattern Editor or LabView.

Please advise the possible work flow direction regarding the use of PXIe-6571.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,149 Views)

You can in fact implement an I2C slave using 6571 with some features limited to the flow control capabilities of 6571. Example, if you are waiting for a state on a pin, you can use MATCH opcode but those results are available exactly after 80 vector cycles, which in many cases you don't want.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(2,094 Views)

Thank You Santhosh,

actually, I would need a pretty basic stuff from 6571 to process, such as: START/STOP condition recognition, ADDRESS ACK/NACK, a and 1 byte data SEND/RECEVE.

Where can I learn more about this 'opcode' stuff anyhow?

All the best!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,080 Views)

You could refer NI Digital Help once you installed Digital Driver or online over here,

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375145e/digipat/opcodes/

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(2,072 Views)