Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PCI-6503 on Win NT 4.0, with NIDAQ 6.8 or 6.9, in a C++ program I found the following DLL Initialization error..

"Initialization of the DLL C:\WINNT\System32\NIPALU.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally"
The card tests OK with MAX2.0 and if I open the test panel first and then compile the exe, it works. So what exactly is the initialization Im missing but happens in MAX ?? While using PCI-6503 with Windows NT 4.0 SP6, and NI-DAQ 6.8.1 or 6.9, is there any initialization that a C++ program needs to do before trying to write to DIO lines ? I have a program in C++ which works fine (writes and reads the DIO lines from PCI-6503) IF I run it after opening the test panel for PCI-6503 in MAX 2.0. Otherwise it gives the following error..

"DLL Initialization failed
Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\WINNT\System32\NIPALU.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally."

The PCI-6503 tests OK using either NI-DAQ 6.8.1 or 6.9 and I can read write to the DIO lines using the MAX2.0's test panel. Also my program works fine if before compiling the code I open the test panel for PCI-6503 in MAX2.0, so I suspect there is some initialization Im missing in my program. Can someone educate me more on this. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,300 Views)
Are you using ComponentWorks++ or just the NI-DAQ C interface?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,300 Views)