Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabView with CoolSNAP EZ

Dear All,

I have a previous copy of Labview and would like to use it to receive a voltage signal from a hardware and then further trigger a CoolSNAP EZ camera. 

I would like to know the following:
1. Whats the difference between SITK-STD and SITK-STD-D? (Dongle v.s. Non-dongle)
2. The advanced version of SITK has additional functions in multi cameracustom chip and kineticsadvanced image displayadvanced graph display and single point detector as compared with standard version.
Whats the function of custom chip and kinetics?
Whats the difference between simple image display and advanced image display?
Whats the use of advanced graph display?
Whats the function of single point detector?

Hardware configuration
1. Do we need any Other accessories (ex. cable) for my experiment besides CoolSNAP EZ (CS-EZ-1394)? 
Can i confrim if I would like to CONTROL the CoolSNAP EZ camera all i need is to purchase the SITK? Are there available drivers for CoolSNAP EZ for me to run it in Labview?

Thanks a million 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,285 Views)
Hi,

I am not familiar with the Scientific Imaging Toolkit for LabVIEW since we do not make that toolkit.  I would try and contact the company that makes the toolkit if no one else on these forums has used it.

As far as using the CoolSNAP EZ with LabVIEW, you may be able to use our IMAQ IEEE 1394 (if you are using the Firewire interface for the camera).  Our IMAQ IEEE 1394 driver will work with any Firewire camera that is DCAM compliant, so you would need to make sure that camera is.  If you are using the PCI interface for the camera, that would require its own driver and again you would have to contact the manufacturer of the camera.

Christopher W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,268 Views)
Hi Jlint,

Did you purchase the toolkit? Is that works? did you need a special framework? or the own framework of the camera works? Is that something that a good programmer can do in Labview, or it includes some driver that is difficult to create or find? Is it professional?

Thanks for any comments

Fakstory
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,839 Views)