Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Daq Event control with PC-DIO-24 and VB6

Hi, I'm using a PC-DIO-24 with VB6.  I want to use it to monitor some digital lines and signal the VB app with an event when certain signals pulse hi.  It's not a fast pulse by any means....but I'd rather use events.  I'm thinking I can use the General DAQ Event control either of two ways...

Use one event control for each pin I want to get an event for, setting the trigger values to catch the appropriate change in the specific bit.  Will this work?  Or is this an inefficient way to do it?  I thought I could use a single event control and have it trigger if ANY pin changes, but then I don't know how to figure out what the data word was that caused the event and thus I don't know which pin event to service.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,029 Views)
I would recommend using one event for each line if each line's interrupt drives a specific function so that you do not have to do further processing to determine the location of the interrupt.

The PC-DIO-24 uses W2 and W3 to select the interrupt level and select the interrupt enable line respectively.  Appendix D of the PC-DIO-24/PnP24/PnP User Manual provides further instructions.  The Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) C Reference Help provides further information on the parameters to configure the DAQ Event, this help file is located at Program Files >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ >> nidaqpc.chm.

Regards,

Message Edited by McKala [DE] on 03-02-2006 01:46 PM

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,021 Views)
Great!!  Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,011 Views)