From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use PCI cards in PXI chassis and c++

HI,

I am currently using 2 PCI 6733 on an old experimental setup and I'm controlling the analog outputs of these cards using a c++ code.

I want to upgrade the setup. Nowadays computers do not have many PCI slots so I'm thinking about using a PXI chassis (that we already have) to put the PCI 6733 inside. I saw that PXI is similar to CompactPCI, but most of the adapters use 1 CompactPCI slot for at least 2 PCI.

Will I still be able, with a c++ code, to independently control each output of each card if I do this ?

Other question,

have you some splitted cables to connect one PCIe-6738 to two BNC2110?

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,846 Views)

Hi,
I am on a similar position at my job, we are thinking on using a PCIe/PXIe adapter but we are unsure that it might raise bios compatibility issues or driver compatibility issues. Have you handle it somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,611 Views)

Hi,

I tried but we had some issues with our PXI chassis. So We bought this:
https://www.amazon.fr/Startech-adaptateur-connecteur-imprimante-parall%C3%A8le/dp/B000UZL1GC/ref=sr_...

And with Windows I manage to control 2 PCI 6733 independently with my C++ code. I did not try with linux yet.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,425 Views)