Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected outputs at application exit

Hi All,

I have an application that I'm performing maintenace on, and have just upgraded a LabVIEW 6.1 application to LabVIEW 2009, and migrated from Windows 98 to XP.

The application itself is now working faultlessly, controlling a robotic welding process using analog and digital I/O through an SCXI chassis.

I'm having a major problem however, that when the user exits the LabVIEW application, digital outputs get turned on, which operate a variety of motors - that should be turned off (and are off just before the application closes). This causes us to have to hit the e-stop each time a user exits the application. The application exits using a defined exit loop that switches all outputs off.

Before upgrading the LabVIEW version and OS, this was not a problem. 

Digital outputs are through a SCXI-1163R board, defined in Traditional DAQ, and all ouputs are inverted in MAX (as they were in the original setup).

While running the application MAX has been closed. So for some reason when the LabVIEW application closes, digital output values change - anyone have an idea why this might happen?

Thanks,

Martin 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,879 Views)

Hi Martin, 

It is a bit odd that since upgrading this has happening. Have you tried probing the last outputs to see what values are being written? How is your code architectured? For example are you using a state machine? If you post your code then we can take a look at it to see what the cause of this may be, whether its software or hardware thats causing this. 

Kind Regards,

Jason 

Jason W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,835 Views)

Are the DOs in the expected state during the power on of the computer and before the start of the application ?

Unfortunately I don't know the SCXI-1163R. But I would check (--> MAX) if the new drivers allow to set the power on states of the DOs.

Message Edité par JB le 18-03-2010 04:37 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,833 Views)