Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Microphone DeviceID

I've got a system with a couple GigEVision cameras and a USB microphone.  Sometimes there are additional IP cameras (axis, etc.), so I used the enumerate cameras function to filter for the cameras I want to use without any user input.  I'd like to do the same for a USB microphone, but I'm not sure what to use.  If I use  Acquire Sound, the configure dialog that comes up lists every microphone and the device ID for that microphone, but I'm not sure how to access that programatically.  One alternative would be if there were a config file that would allow me to set a static device ID. 

Thanks,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,170 Views)

Hey brendan111, the ability to list audio devices isn't normally exposed through the normal API, but there is a library in Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\sound2 called lvsound2.llb that includes the following VIs. This snipped will enumerate a list of Input Devices.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,155 Views)

Worked like a charml; thanks Tanner!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,146 Views)

Could you help me?

I have a USB microphone in my computer device as below,it can record sound in WINDOWS record program,but can not be found in Labview VI as you mentioned.

Is there other way to access this USB microphone?

thanks very much.

ps: my windows system language is CHINESE.

device manager: USB microphone

11.png

USB microphone Hardware ID:

12.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,029 Views)

Hi CaryChai,

I have a couple of comments:

1) It is always very helpful to post any LabVIEW code you would like help with.

2) It is always better to make a new thread when considering posting question to a thread that ended two years ago.

Feel free to make a new thread and post your question, screenshots, and LabVIEW code there.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,019 Views)

OK,thanks.

anyway, i solved the problem when use Labview8.6,maybe there is some problem in use Labview new version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,996 Views)