Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DIO device for pattern generation?

Hi all,

I'm looking for an USB DIO device (with atleast 8 DO lines) for pattern generation.
Which device is good for this task?

- George Cs. -
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,749 Views)
Hey George,

I would think of an M-Series device, e.g. USB-6229 with 48 DIOs, where 32 of them are correlated DIOs which could be driven up to 10MHz.

BR, Christian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,733 Views)
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the tip, but 1350 USD is a little bit expensive for this task...
We need only 8 DO lines with buffered operation, and hardware- or GPCTR-based timing capability, with ~2..3 kHz speed.
Other suggestion?

Greets

- George Cs. -
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,715 Views)

Hey George,

Then I would suggest you to use USB-6221, which is the cheapest one with correlated DIOs and USB Interface. But this card only has 8 DIOs which could be driven up to 10MHz, so if you will need to have more in future.......you would have to buy another card.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,710 Views)
Hi Christian,

Well, thanks for the suggestions. I'm afraid we can not build this cost into purchase price of our software product. The basic problem is that these above mentioned devices include more features than we need. I wish to find more cost efficient solution.
Actually I'm looking for a simple "DIO-24"-like device with USB, but it seems to me that USB-6501 is the only one low cost usb-board designed for DIO specific tasks, unfortunately this board can not perform buffered, timed DO operations.
The NI's product palette doesn't contain such USB-board. (yet?..)

Greets

- George Cs. -
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,703 Views)

Hey George,

At this point I would suggest you to call your local NI Office to talk with an ISR who can help you find the best and cheapest solution according to your application! I think you are in Germany, so you can call +49 89 7413130 for the german office!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,700 Views)