Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6509 Stops being recognized by Windows 7 device manager.

I am currently using a USB-6509 under Windows 7.

On a freshly formatted machine I have no trouble setting up the device using the National Insturments Measurement & Automation Software version 9.4.

Some windows updates were pushed to the computer that my USB-6509 was connected to, causing the computer to reboot in the middle of use. When the machine came back up the USB device couldn't be found by the Measurement & Automation Software, nor by Windows Device Manager. I did a complete uninstall of the software and reinstalled, this did not fix the issue. I uninstalled 9.4 and installed 9.5 and this too has not resolved the issue. 

Inside device manager windows will show "Static Digital Firmware Loader" under "Data Acquistion Devices". But there is nothing installed pointing to the USB-6509. 

The green light on the back has yet to come back on. I would prefer not to reformat if at all possible. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,121 Views)

For anyone who has this issue I had a chat with NI Tech support. The problem I was having is that after windows update installed there was a service called "NI Device Loader" that was failing to run. 

Once that was fixed everything worked fine. 

Message 2 of 6
(5,084 Views)

I was having this exact issue.  "NI Device Loader" was running on the machine, but stopping and restarting this service by itself was what finally caused the device to start working again after lots of rebooting and other troubleshooting steps.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,549 Views)

Hello 

I too have this same issue , how to fix this ? is that system to be reformatted?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,821 Views)

You need to stop and restart NI Device Loader in Services. In the windows start menu lookup and open the Services app.

I've attached a screenshot of where you can find the NI Device Loader in the app.

Ni Device manager.png

Message 5 of 6
(2,810 Views)

Thanks Marcel...It works now....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,800 Views)