Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6509 Compatible with HYT-271 Humidity Sensor

Hello,

This is a relatively straightforward and simple question. I just wanted to ensure that the HYT-271 Humidity Sensor would work with the USB-6509 board I have? There are many posts regarding its compatibility with the myRio-1900 which is a board I'm more familiar with. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,036 Views)

No.  The HYT-271 talks over I2C.  The USB-6509 is STATIC DIO (ie software timed).  It will not work with I2C.  I would recommend getting a USB-8451 or USB-8452, which are devices specifically for talking over I2C and/or SPI buses.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(1,032 Views)

Hm okay thank you. Do you think there are humidity sensors that are able to be configured with this board?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,029 Views)

@BhavikD wrote:

Hm okay thank you. Do you think there are humidity sensors that are able to be configured with this board?

I doubt there are any sensors that will just give you a static parallel value.  So no.  You might find some that output a voltage you can read with a simple DAQ (Analog Input).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(990 Views)