Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 384 bit synchronized digital output signals

Solved!
Go to solution

I need three digital signals(please check the attached file) to control a device, one signal is the clock signal, one is a continuous 384 bit data signal, and another strobe signal that inform the device the start and stop of the data. I have a USB-6501, can this task be achieved? I don't know how to write a 384 bits signal with DAQmx Write, because it seems to only support up to 32 bits. And will it be difficult to synchronize them?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,582 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stork

Hello Stork,

If you are sending 384 bits sequentially to a digital line; and running a software timed application, this operation would be possible (the NI USB-6501 is software timed). See the example VI included below. Also, please note that software timing is non-deterministic and will depend on the speed of your system. If you wish to pursue your application with one of our DIO cards that provide hardware timing capabilities; please review the following link for more information regarding these devices.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,528 Views)

Hi Ali,

Thanks very much for the vi. I just wonder how we control the frequency here. Because in the timing diagram it requires the clock be no more than 1 MHz. But the 6501 seems be faster than that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,504 Views)

The 6501 does not run anywhere close to 1 MHz. It will run at about 1kHz but you can place a Wait function inside the loop if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,489 Views)

It's common to mark a person's answer as the solution and not your thank you. You can change the marked solution by clicking on the 'Options' button in the upper right.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,476 Views)

Sorry about that. I made the change.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,471 Views)