cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 not recognised in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to LabView and DAQs. I hope I have posted this in the correct place.

I have installed all software in accordance with the respective guides.
I'm running MS Vista SP1 on a Dell XPS laptop.

When I plugged in the USB-6009 DAQ, it was recognised by windows correctly. I can see it in the Device Manager.

Also the Green LED flashes indicating the device has been initialised.

When I launch MAX, the device does not appear in the Devices and Interfaces link.

I'm using  LabView 2009 SP1 with NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.0.2. I originally started with older drivers.

I've tried other USB ports on the laptop, cleaned the MAX database, used a different USB-6009, tried the DAQ diagnostic utility, disabled firewall/antivirus. Nothing seemed to solve the problem.

Is there any way to force MAX to detect my device?

Any suggestions will be welcomed. I thought I'd ask here before uninstalling everything and trying to reinstall.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NeoGenesis

Hi NeoGenesis,

What may be happening is that the NI Device Loader and Configuration Manager are not started.  Those services play a huge role in getting your device to show up in MAX and to be loaded with the proper driver.  This article explains how to start those services.  Additionally, you may want to re-associate the driver with the device.  This can be done in the Device Manager by right clicking on your 6009 and selecting Update Driver Software (using the automatic driver search should be fine).   Can you give those two steps a try and let me know what the results are? As long as your driver is installed and your device is showing up in Device Manager, then I'm hopeful we can get things working for you without an entire uninstall/install process.  Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
(3,544 Views)

aNItaB, you're a genius!

Starting the NI Device Loader service fixed the problem 🙂

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,539 Views)