From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Data Acquisition with continuous 5V source, NI 9401, and NI 9263

This is my current VI. I have a sensor that sends a mA signal and is converted to height and two thermocouples that display in real time. I have a cDAQ 9185, an NI 9207, an NI9210, an NI 9401, and an NI 9263. I need a continuous 5V source so that when the wire is connected, the input reads it as a trigger and starts acquiring the data for the amount of time predetermined in the time target. I have been struggling with this for awhile and I am new to LabVIEW.

Also, I need to connect another trigger the same way but this time when the wire is connected and the 5V is read back to the DAQ, I need it to make a mark on the graph each time it is hit to mark a period of time within the data acquisition.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,251 Views)

Hi,

Have you looked at any of the LabVIEW examples on triggering? 

Best,

Misbah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,235 Views)

Yes I have but I am having issues since I need to both produce a voltage and read a voltage at the same time from the same module (9401). This is my most recent attempt of using the trigger and I am getting the following error:

Error -200284 occurred at Trigger and Real Time Test DAQAssistant.vi:Instance:20:970001

Possible reason(s):

Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired.

To wait for the samples to become available use a longer read timeout or read later in your program. To make the samples available sooner, increase the sample rate. If your task uses a start trigger, make sure that your start trigger is configured correctly. It is also possible that you configured the task for external timing, and no clock was supplied. If this is the case, supply an external clock.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,229 Views)

Please see the knowledgebase article linked below:

DAQmx Read VI Error -200284 Samples Have Not Been Acquired

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8XsSAK

Best,
Misbah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,219 Views)