From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangle Wave Generation in NP PXIe-7821R FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a novice and I have only recently started to learn about LabVIEW and NI PXIes.

In my lab we have a NI PXIe-1078 (Chasis), NI PXIe-8840, NI PXIe-7821R and NI PXIe-6723. I am trying to generate a 1kHz triangle wave using NI PXIe-7821R. But I the VI placed in the NI PXIe-7821R does not support any triangle wave vi. The only waveform vi available are sine wave and square wave vi in the FPGA control menu. 

The added requirement is that I do not want to generate a triangle waveform (waveform data or dynamic data) but I just want to get the triangle waveform in the form of double data.

How can I generate a 1kHz wave in this case?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bijen

7812R is an FPGA based instrument with ONLY digital inputs and output, hence cannot generate a triangle wave.

santo_13_0-1637162227602.png

Whereas the 6723 is a 32-ch Analog output card, and you can write VI using DAQmx drivers to generate triangle wave on that.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,087 Views)

Thank you for the clarification. 

In this case, is there a way to generate a 1kHz triangle wave using LabVIEW? Keeping in mind that I want to just obtain double data and not dynamic data or waveform data.

And I have one more question, I want to implement electrical circuits in the 7821R's FPGA using LabVIEW. But this requires me to convert the electrical circuit to equations and create an equivalent system. I have found that it is possible to use Multisim Cosimulation feature in LabVIEW but this can only be done within the control and simulation loop. And consequently, this method cannot be implemented in 7821R. So my question is, is there a way that I can implement electrical circuits (using electrical components like resistors and IGBTs) on 7821R and if there isn't one, is there any other FPGA that enables to do so? (I don't want to go through the process of converting my electrical circuits to equivalent equation form to implement it in a HIL system)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,069 Views)